When it comes to choosing a smartphone that’s always been on the forefront of innovation, the DROID brand has stood the test of time by addressing consumer headaches like battery life, charging, and of course, durability.
Today, we’re introducing two new versions of our most popular DROID models: the DROID Turbo 2 featuringMoto ShatterShield™, the world’s first shatterproof display1, and the new DROID Maxx 2, offering longer battery life, clearer pictures, and a more powerful processor.
DROID Turbo 2
The new DROID Turbo 2 features Moto ShatterShield, the world’s first shatterproof display. Our exclusive Moto ShatterShield display technology is an integrated system consisting of five layers designed from materials that absorb shock from impact and are guaranteed not to shatter. Learn more about Moto ShatterShield here.
But the DRIOD Turbo 2 is more than just a phone with a shatterproof screen, DROID Turbo 2 features our best camera yet, world’s fastest TurboPower™ charging and Moto Maker® customization. Here’s more:
- Up to 48 hours of battery life(2)
- The world’s fastest TurboPower charging(3), so you can get up to 13 hours of power in just 15 minutes
- Our best-ever 21MP camera with a 5MP front-facing camera: DxO Mark, one of the industry’s leading analysts, just rated it as one of the Top 3 available today
- Qualcomm’s® most powerful processor - the Snapdragon 810 with 2.0 GHz octa-core CPUs
- Ultra hi-res 5.4-in Quad HD display
- Expandable microSD card storage. Get tons more space for pictures, videos, music, and apps with an optional microSD card (up to 2 TB)(4)
- For the first time on DROID, there are more than 1,000 ways to design your phone the way you want on Moto Maker®. Choose from your choice of new material options like soft grip, ballistic nylon or genuine Horween pebbled leather
- Select 64GB with a design refresh on Moto Maker by December 31, 2015, and you can choose to redesign your phone one time within two years of purchase(5)
DROID Maxx 2
We’re also pleased to announce the latest in the DROID Maxx line, the all-new DROID Maxx 2, giving you two great DROIDs to choose from.
True to its moniker, DROID Maxx 2 takes your smartphone to the Maxx: Maxx battery life, Maxx megapixels, and of course, Maxx value. Here’s what you get:
- A long-lasting battery -- giving you up to 48 hours of power(2) -- so you can do more of what you love without looking for a place to charge
- Just need a quick boost? TurboPower charging offers up to eight hours of power in just 15 minutes of charging(3)
- With just a quick twist of the wrist, take beautiful, true-to-life photos and video with a crisp 21MP camera featuring rapid focus and color-balancing flash
- Show off your photos and videos on the Maxx 2’s vibrant 5.5” full 1080p HD display
- Never worry about running out of space to keep everything with an expandable microSD card slot for up to 128GB of storage(4)
- You can even customize it with a variety of interchangeable backs and protective flip shells that reflect who you are - or your mood for the day
How to Buy
Both new DROID will be available online and in stores starting Oct. 29. The DROID Turbo 2 will be $26 per month for 24 months ($624 retail price) or $30 per month for 24 months ($720 retail price) with design refresh. And the DROID Maxx 2 will be $16 per month for 24 months ($384 retail price).