- Be a good citizen – with a little common courtesy and a few rules things run smoothly.
- Don’t break our rules and don’t break the law: Piracy, copyright violation and posting of illegal content is forbidden. That’s the law. Additionally, we don’t allow the posting or recommendation of the use of "hidden menus" and commands not generally accessible through a phone's main menus; unauthorized redistribution of Motorola software; links to and excessive discussion or promotion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity. We judge what is excessive. Any discussions of non-Motorola software for unlocked devices must remain in the areas created for those discussions, and all other site rules apply in those areas. Posts that encourage or suggest that owners get in-warranty support when warranty has been voided will be removed. Follow all moderator directions. Challenging the decisions of moderators should not be done lightly. Please use the report abuse button on any post if you feel you have been unfairly moderated -- do not call out the moderators on a post.
- Be fair. No personal attacks. (And in general, don’t be a jerk): We encourage discussions, debates and even arguments, but please share your thoughts politely and constructively. Personal attacks and comments about other owners, moderators or Motorola employees are not welcome. Comments like "get over it," "stop whining," "why do you want that?" and other dismissals of other people's concerns are not appropriate. Talk about yourself vs. others. Retaliatory comments, questioning the motives of others and excessive chest-beating about your particular issue are all obnoxious to other members – don’t act like that. Please stay on-topic. Don't hijack threads with issues, complaints or topics that interfere with this forum's stated purpose of providing support for owners. Duplicate threads on topics already under discussion will be locked. Any post suggesting violence, suicide, etc., (“so-and-so should be killed”) will be removed.
- Make your point and move on: Our site is here for peer-to-peer support, and to get your feedback on your experience. We want to hear the bad stuff as well as the good. But repeated posts of the same comments and free-floating negativity do not add to the discussion. It also imposes on others who don’t want to read the same things over and over again. We’ll rely on our members to help police this. Overtly anti-Motorola usernames, avatars, profile pics, etc., are not permitted. Those carrying a vendetta against Motorola will get their say but will not be allowed to hog the airwaves.
- Use good Netiquette: Posting in all caps is considered shouting – that’s rude and we will edit all-caps posts and other graphic "shouting" (red type, bolded, etc.). No “bumping” your posts for attention or points. No profanity, “implied profanity” (including acronyms, subbing asterisks, etc.), pornography or explicit content – this is a family-friendly site. Inappropriate usernames will not be permitted. Respect the privacy of private messages and emails and do not post their content on the public forums. Do not post new threads on existing topics -- help keep the communities free of clutter.
- No spam: The moderators will remove unauthorized ads, offers of services and promotions. No turning your forum identity into a billboard, either.
- Police your community: Each post has a “report abuse” button. Is someone spoiling the experience for you and others? Don’t respond yourself – use the button and let the mods and managers handle it.
- Help each other: Most answers on forums come from fellow support forum members like you. MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees. We don’t guarantee that every post will be read or will receive a response. Please don’t PM the moderators or managers with support questions that can go in the communities. If you need help from Motorola right away, go here, choose your location and you will find links for contacting us.
- English only, please: We do not currently have the resources to respond to non-English posts. At the same time, we don’t want to deny the opportunity for non-U.S. owners to support one-another. For the time being, posts in any language other than English will not be read or moderated. Non-English content is the sole responsibility of the person posting it.
- Use your head: You may get bad advice here, so think before you follow it – any results are your responsibility. Don’t post confidential or personal information about yourself or others. And it’s a big ‘Net out there – follow links at your own risk.
- It’s ours now: By participating on this site you assign Motorola all rights, title, and interest to or in your submissions/posts. That’s legal-speak, but you get the picture.
- FYI, we don’t delete accounts: We keep all accounts because posts are associated with them. You can always ask for your account to be disabled.
These community rules are subject to change at any time, without notification. We will periodically ask all members to agree to these site rules after changes are made.
We appreciate your participation and insights. We hope these rules make the site a great place to find help, give help, and share information.
Last updated 7/10/12.